Instant win games have long been a very effective customer engagement tool. They satisfy some of the most fundamental human desires: recognition, reward, achievement, and competition. Game play and the potential of winning triggers psychological mechanisms in people that, when applied in an effective marketing strategy, can mean huge returns for the companies crafting the game. Though instant win games require a bigger investment than other types of promotions, they also yield better results. In addition to the traditional peel-and-play instant win games, the web offers even more channels to reach consumers.
Benefits of Instant Win Promotions
Giving away free stuff is great for consumers, but how does it benefit you? Here’s why you should consider incorporating instant win games into your marketing strategy:
- Increase brand awareness – When people win awesome prizes, they get excited and tell their friends. It also taps into the mere exposure theory which finds that the more a person is exposed to something (such as your brand) the more they’ll like it. The ease of sharing on social media amplifies your exposure.
- Gain a following – Your game on social media (with prizes people actually want) leads to more page likes and website traffic. People, who otherwise wouldn’t have noticed you, become fans, followers, and customers.
- Keep leads engaged – Offering a chance for participants to enter once a day guarantees repeat traffic to your website or your store. It’s efficient, easy, and cost-effective for you.
- Boost sales quickly – Because of the immediate nature of instant win promos, momentum for your brand soars while the promo runs. An excited instant winner is more willing to complete a conversion step than someone who just entered a sweepstakes and has to wait to find out if he or she won. Additionally, you can require a conversion in order to gain entry. For example, you can distribute game pieces after a purchase (just remember to have a no purchase necessary option as well).
- Grow loyalty – Instant win games are structured to give players a series of small ‘highs’ or victories, prompting them to keep on playing. This taps into what’s known as the endowed progress effect, a theory stating people are more likely to keep doing something when they feel it’s easy to accomplish. This is one of the reasons that it pays to make the extra investment in an instant win game. It also takes advantage of the principle of reciprocity in which by handing out prizes, your customers will feel more obligated to return to your product or store. In offline instant win games, your return on investment often comes from giving away free product.
Let SLANT Make Your Instant Win Promotions a Success
It’s no mystery why instant win games are so popular, and why they garner tons of entries. The simplicity of entering, the immediate gratification, and the chance to enter multiple times all give consumers a reason to be excited, and takes advantage of fundamental elements of human psychology. When consumers are excited about your brand, that benefit goes straight to your bottom line.
When you’re ready to boost sales and increase brand awareness with instant win promotions, shout out to SLANT. We can help you with both traditional and digital instant win promos, from start to finish. We’ve got you covered.